Center of Information COVID-19
Our priority is your wellbeing
We understand that the current circumstances generate uncertainty and impact your travel plans. That is why we are committed on providing you with helpful information so you can make the most of your travel experience with us, in true serenity.
We want to share with you our safety measures and disinfection processes, as well as general recommendations so you can prepare yourself before your flight.
LAST UPDATED (Nov 25, 2020)
Entry Requirements for each country
Our destinations may have certain entry restrictions and requirements due to COVID-19 pandemic. Here you can find some recommendations that you should put into practice during the previous preparation and when traveling. Customers should confirm directly with the embassy or immigration office of their destination to confirm entry requirements.
Before flying - What documents does the airport ask you for? Please visit the websites below for more information according to your destination:
- Face masks
- Travelers are obliged to wear face masks covering mouth and nose in airport and throughout the flight. Face shields are permitted in addition to the masks. However, face shields by their own, masks with vents, and exhalation valves are not allowed.
- You are permitted to remove the face covering during short moments to eat and drink.
- Children 2 years and older need to wear face masks.
- We will be forced to deny your boarding if you don’t wear a mask
- Social distancing
- You will be required to respect social distance measures provided by health authorities in waiting room and during boarding process.
- Carry-on bag
- These exceptional times makes it difficult for crew members to help you with your carry-on bag as they should. Assistance will be limited to prevent risk of infection and respect social distancing.
- On board measures
- Our professional cleaning staff disinfects the airplane before and after your flight ensuring that it is COVID-19 free.
- In case your mask gets damaged, our crew members got you covered by offering you a new untouched face mask in a sealed disinfected bag.
- We will provide disinfectant soap and paper towels during our flight.
- Our crew members will be using face masks at all times for your safety
- When serving a meal, gloves will be worn by our staff
- Feeling un-well?
If you feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, you can cancel your flight and postpone it when your symptoms go away. Please get in touch with our reservation center (hyperlink to contact us) or your travel agency to make sure you previously advice your itinerary changes. In order to postpone flight, you need to follow these requirements:
- Inform your Coronavirus symptoms before your flight.
- 72 hours prior your trip you can cancel the ticket with a proof of positive COVID-19 PCR test, modifications without penalty fee. Payments for fare difference may incur.
- Bring a negative COVID-19 PCR test when returning to take your flight.
- Keep up 6 feet / 2 meters apart between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Change your face mask according to the manufacturer’s indications.
- Have a backup face covering near you just in case an accident occurs.